Thursday 2 June 2016

AYS LEGION OF HONOR

Adventist Youth Society (AYS)

It was first introduced athe youth advisory counsel in 1953 and it incensive came from a statement by ellen g white...

AY Legion of Honour:
By the grace and power of God, I voluntarily join the Adventist Youth Honour Guard, and promise to:
Honour Christ in that what I choose to See.
Honour Christ in that what I choose to Hear.
Honour Christ in the places I choose to Go.
Honour Christ in selecting my Friends.
Honour Christ in my selection of Words and Thoughts.
Honour Christ in the conscientious care of My Body as a Temple.

 

8 comments:

  1. Please be duely informed that the above statement is the "My Covernant" of the AY and not the legion of honor as intended.

    The legion of honor is;
    Young men and young women read the literature that will give you true knowledge, and that will be a help to the entire family.
    Say firmly: "I will not spend precious moments in reading that which will be of no profit to me, and which only unfits me to be of service to others.
    I will devote my time and my thoughts to acquiring a fitness for God's service.
    I will close my eyes to frivolous and sinful things.
    My ears are the Lords, and I will not listen to the subtle reasoning of the enemy.
    My voice shall not in any way be subject to a will that is not under the influence of the Spirit of God.
    My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and every power of my being shall be Consecrated to worthy pursuits" (Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 7, p 64 and Messages to Young People p270).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that legion of honor in my understanding is that when you have the spirit of the Lord in you , you will always succeed spiritually

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Christ All Things Are Possible

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you have Christ in you heart the will power with you will help you to choose wisely according to the will of God

    ReplyDelete
  5. With Christ you never go wrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the love of christ constrainent me

    ReplyDelete